Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What I love about Social Media

Social Media don't even exist much if we mentioned it like 10 years ago but it's a trend and one of the hottest topic everywhere today! Many people have ask me this question, what do you like about social media? For me, it's about getting the latest topic and shared it with my family and friends via social media  tools such as twitter or facebook. Besides that, I get to expand my circle of friends. Up to date, I have 463 friends on Facebook (only less than 10% of people I haven't met in real life) and 460 followers on Twitter. 

Even if it is a new thing for most of you, Social Media has been a daily thing for me. I enjoyed tweeting and facebooking on daily basis such as updating my status and sharing the pictures I took. Besides that, I even enjoy Foursquaring. It's like a game where I get to collect my points and badges and also explore new shops in town! Other than that, you get good tips from other players too and specials from the business owner. 

Despite all that, I have won iPod Shuffle via twitter contest, a designer handbag for a friend via Facebook contest and also an iPhone app - paid version for FREE via twitter too. It's been a really fun time for me both on twitter and facebook. :D 

From all the above, I also use Social Media to conduct charity in March, 2010, which is known as Penang Twestival. At present, I am also volunteering for Social Media Club Penang. It's a non-profit organization to help to educate the public about social media and how it can help you in your personal life and businesses in general. 

What do you like about Social Media? Would love to hear your thoughts about it... :)

Let's tweet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment