Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fire Vs Money

After going through so much these few days, I actually realized that money and fire have a lot in common. When I was just a little girl, in school we always learned this phrase about fire. It's in Bahasa Malaysia language, "Kecil menjadi kawan, Besar menjadi lawan" and define as if the fire is small, it's your friend. The fire can keep you warm during the cold season. On the other hand, when the fire gets out of control, it can destroy you and everything that you have. I have always remember this phrase and never thought that it can even be meant for money. 

Money! I agree that money is one of the most important thing in life. Without it, we can't live either. As a Christian, I am taught that God gave us money to manage while we are on this earth. It doesn't belong to us 100% as we can't take it with us when we leave this world. It's a good teaching for me so I don't see money so great and the greed for having more of them. To me, I see it as God had assigned all this money through my salary to manage it for a better living for myself and the people around me. Also, to use that money to bless others when the need arises too. As a human, we all have pride and do stumble once in awhile. The most important thing is that, we always counter check our motive and get back on the right track. No one is perfect, but we try our best to be better each day.

You must be wondering why I am talking so much about money suddenly. Well, in this journey of life, I can say that I have gone through a lot and it had taught me a lot too. To the point that I have seen a child who mistreat his parents for the sake of money. This child is filthy rich yet he put money above his parents. It is not a right thing to do. A small amount of money can feed those who are hungry and it can save that person life. And when you are talking about being filthy rich, it can destroy you as well if you would put money first before your parents or family. One of the Ten Commandments in the Bible, is that honour your parents. 

Message to the younger generation, honour your parents if you want to be successful in life. You might not believe this, but time will show it all to you. Always remember, no matter what, they are your parents. It's your flesh and blood. They brought you to this world and raise you up the way they can. You will not be who you are today without them. It's okay to surfer while you are younger to have a better future.

Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do. 2 “Honor your father and mother.” This is the first commandment with a promise: 3 If you honor your father and mother, “things will go well for you, and you will have a long life on the earth 

No comments:

Post a Comment