Friday, April 16, 2010

Food: @ The Sun

My friend, UncleBotak was in Penang for a couple of days and I met up with him last evening for dinner. We couldn't decide where to go for dinner and I came up with few suggestions (I am bad at this). He was just being really polite to ask me to choose. I was trying to hunt high and low until I saw someone post up on her FB about this place @ The Sun. EEmm... haven't heard of this place at all and I thought why not then? So I twitted him and ask for his opinion about it and he agreed! :D LOL... it took him a long while to shyly tells me he wanted western food! :P So @ The Sun it is!

The restaurant is located at the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Centre at Jalan Macalister, Penang. It is located within the Penang Philomatic Union building, was a reading club then. This reading club was started by the Tung Meng Hooi. For more details, kindly refer to the Sun Yat-Sen Penang Base at 120 Armenion Street. I will try to find a day to do that too soon and post it up here.



You will not miss the restaurant as it is directly facing the main entrance. The location of this building is at one of the busiest street in Penang but yet the environment inside the restaurant is not affected by it. It may look very simple from the outside but as you step into the restaurant, you will get a different feeling then. Here is just a little peek for you.





We got there pretty early @ 7pm. Technically, we were the first group to cheer up the silent atmosphere with our chit chat and laughter. The workers was very friendly and polite too! It just make my day when someone great me with a smile on his or her face! :D The food was pleasant and it was only RM36 per-person for the entire course dinner from ........ as shown in the menu below.


This is the welcome drink which is not in the menu! :) I had tasted the drink before but I just couldn't tell what it was. :P Sorry!

This is my pumpkin soup.

Grilled chicken with garlic thyme sause served with potato wedges.

Marble cheese cake was mine.

And this is UncleBotak's chocolate moist cake.


I do hope UncleBotak had a great time there. I know I did. His company was excellent. He never fails to amaze me with many things! A really great person inside out. Oohh ya.. wait till you meet his wife, Pam! She is also another wonderful friend that I met the last trip she was in Penang. I really thank God for blessing these great couple into my life. :D

For those of you who are interested to know about @ The Sun here are the details.

@The Sun
Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Centre Penang
65 Macalister Road
10400 Penang
Tel : (604) 226 5181

2 comments:

  1. Me? Polite? Nah, you just been very nice ;p
    Me? Shy? Nah, was trying to be considerate first time in my life (probably). It worked! I got to do Western!!!
    You are the nice, decent one.
    Thanks for the company. Food was good, company, great ;)
    Pam and I are very blessed to get to know someone special like you.
    Thanks to your childhood friend Mel, for giving you the comfort level to first meet up with me.
    Thank you for driving this uncle with painful legs around. In his fav car!
    You have no idea how much I enjoy this car!!!
    Cool, efficient, cute!
    I said it, cute! I like this cute car! And I'm a man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL..... :D
    I think it was you being you that gave me the comfort level of meeting up. :) Guess everyone else will be very comfortable with you once they know you. The jokes and stories you shared were just amazing! :)
    Mel was an additional blessing always! You brought us back in touch together! :D Lost touch with her for so many years....

    I am glad you like Baby! :D Hahahaha.. indeed he is cute for a car and yes of course you are a MAN! :P

    ReplyDelete