Friday, March 5, 2010

Business Trip to Singapore

On Tuesday, I was informed by my boss that I need to visit one of my customer in Singapore. It's a very random request but I think it was good opportunity for me. I know it's all very last minutes but I managed to called up the airlines  to make necessary bookings and informed the customer about my visit. Everything was pulled out proper within that 6 working hours. Just amazing things can be done in a nick of time when you have all your contacts in place. 
Honestly, it was a mixed feelings as I was nervous but excited at the same time. Guess you know what I mean. Going to a customer office that I have never been before. So I prepared some catalogs for their references and make sure all my passport and necessary documents are in place too. All checked! :)


It's Wednesday, I left the company about 9am and did all the check-in and boarding stuff. Time really flies that day...... I landed in Singapore about 10:20am. Once I touch down, I gave my customer a call so that he can arrange someone to pick me up. Then I went to a chocolate shop to get some boxes of chocolates for them. Won't want to appear empty handed for the first time. Once the shopping is done, I went to the passport custom checking, then to the goods custom checking and walla.... I am free to walk into Singapore! 



It was a very short business trip as my next flight home is 7pm. To me it is like a touch down, hop in car, hop out and back to Penang. After all the customer visitation.... business talking and getting some new orders, it's almost 4pm. Then my customer asked his driver to drop me to Vivo City (a new shopping complex). He said I must at least visit a shopping complex before my next flight home. So I was there for like 45 mins. Here are some of the shots I took. I was tired so I wasn't in the mood for shopping.





I was also afraid of traffic jam back to the airport and won't want to miss my flight home. So I took a taxi back and it cost me about SGD 20.00. There were like total silence in the taxi. It's nice I guess as I was to tired to talk too..... 



It was about 20 minutes before I got back to the airport. So it was still very early prior to my flight. I went to the Singapore Krisflyer Lounge for some food and drinks. 



The place was packed with businessman but I finally got a small spot to sit and relax. Most important thing to me is the FREE WIFI. I am about to die without wifi. I can't tweet, I can check my emails, I can't FB and log in to FourSquare. :P 
Finally, it is boarding time and I am just an hour from home sweet home. It was a full flight and I was seated at the 3rd last row, window seats. Thank God it was a short trip cause I dislike window seat. Through out the flight, I got my iPod and iPhone to entertain me so it was not that bad. Also, I found an interesting magazine to keep me busy..... so it was a good ride home. 












No comments:

Post a Comment