Monday, March 15, 2010

Food: Coffee Lane - Syphon Brewed Coffee

e It was weekend again and I was out for another venture. This time, it's syphon brewed coffee at Coffee Lane which is located at King St. If you have no idea, it is at the same road with Sire Museum. This place was introduced by my ex-school mate, Ms Anggur. She knows that I love taking pictures and  coffee. So, she was very keen that I should personally try this place. The style of brewing the coffee is very interesting as it is using the syphon way. It is inside one of the pre-war house. The place had  renovated and it's very neat and clean. The unique and olden days layout are there. That makes it more natural and beauty. It's not easy to find well maintain pre-war house in Penang anymore. Most of the houses had been converted to new buildings. 






Inside the house, it gives you a very homely feeling. I sense that because it reminds me of my childhood house in Jelutong. I grew up in this kind of houses and it does bring back lots of nice memories. It was already noon when we were there and decided to have our branch there instead. We ordered tom yam mee soup and chicken noodle in chicken herbal soup for lunch. The food taste good and the presentation of the food is nice too. 



Don't they look delicious? Oopps.... I am hungry de! :P

Let's move to other pictures on the equipement that was used to brew the nice coffee. The owner, Mr Terry Beh, was very friendly and nice person. I asked for permission to take pictures around the place and during the preparation of the coffee and he gave me a green light! :D My mum was asking how the coffee is brewed while I was taking pictures! :D That is pretty obvious right? Hehe... 




See how the coffee powder is brewed? :D 


Part of the preparation of the coffee.



This is part of the making for ice cream coffee. I am going to try that the next round. 



Different types of syphon used to brew the coffee.

The termometer used to control the temperature of the water boiling.



There are many types of bean that are available for your choices. Different beans will give you the different taste and aroma too. The coffee that I took is medium bitter without sugar. The best part of the brewed coffee is that the after taste of the coffee will still last in your throat for a while. That is something I enjoy very much drink the brewed coffee from this place.




This is my mum enjoying her coffee, which has a total different taste from mine. Much stronger.....

Address: Coffee Lane
               10-B King Street,
               Georgetown,
               10200 Penang.
Tel: +604-261 0625
Email: beh.terry@gmail.com


View Larger Map




2 comments: