Thursday, December 17, 2009

Photography: Pesta Heritage Heboh @ Khoo Kong Si

About 2 weeks back, Jonie informed me about an event, Pesta Heritage Heboh that is held in town area. Then both of us decided to be there at the event for photography, so plans were arranged and time was set on our calendar. On that day, we head off earlier to fill up our tummy at a newly open restaurant, Spring Cafe @ E-gate. I ordered a hot and sour soup as I was not very hungry due to heavy breakfast. The food taste good but I had allergy after that due to crab meat inside. :( But I will go back there again with different orders! :D Jonie's lunch smells and taste good too according to her but sorry I don't have any picture of her lunch.



After all the food, we head off to the event place and we park at Gat Lebuh Aceh.



Along the way, we took pictures of many things we saw and Khoo Kongsi is one of the place we visited. I was raised up in Penang and stayed here almost my entire life but yet I never knew much about the history that is behind Khoo Kongsi. One of the interesting history I learned was the surname "Cheah" and "Lim" were part of the Five Big Clans in there early Penang and both myself and Jonie were smiling at each other.

"Khoo Kongsi, together with Cheah, Yeoh, Lim and Tan Kongsi, were known as the Five Big Clans (Goh Tai Seh) that formed the backbone of the Hokkien community in early Penang"  
(taken from Khoo Kongsi website) 

It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the history and see the beautiful handcraft of the buildings that is left standing till today. For those of you who have no idea about Khoo Kongsi but interested, get more information from this website.  You will be amaze of the things you can learn and see from it. Here are some of the pictures I took and I love to share it with you.























No comments:

Post a Comment