Saturday, December 19, 2009

Food: Ah Basri Satay

When I heard the word satay.... I will be drooling all the way. It's in my favourite food categories. It's not easy to find nice and tasty satay. It's the ingredient that is used to marinate the meat that makes the satay taste delicious. The peanut sause also play another important part of making the satay yummy. In Penang, Satay Ah Basri is well known for the quality and also the variety that is offered. There are lamb, beef, squid, deer, prawn, ostrich and even Horse was in the menu! But I think that is subject to availability. It is located in Sungai Ara but we were informed that they will be moving to a new location at D'Piazza Mall at Bayan Baru before Christmas. I will update the address once I have it. So come back and check for the updated address.

Here is the current address (before Christmas 2009): 1020, Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim, Sungai Ara, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang. (Slightly opposite to Fisherman Grill Restaurant)
Contact Person: Ahmad Basri 
Mobile No: 019-410 0080, 012-410 0080
E-mail: inquiry@enakselera.com




The picture above is the outlook of the place when you pass by the road side. You won't miss it as it is on the left hand side of the road if you are coming from Bukit Jambul. The first satay pictures shows you the lamb and squid satay. While the second pictures shows lamb, chicken and deer. Does it looks yummy to you? Drooling now? I know I am.... :P







I was there for the first time prior to a photography gathering and I didn't went alone; I brought Jonie with me this time round! I do hope she enjoyed herself there cause I think she was bored at the very beginning. It was raining that evening, quite a number of the regulars didn't turn up. Only a handful of us, 2 ladies (myself and Jonie) and 6 gentlemans.... here they are....







No comments:

Post a Comment